On 12/20/12 4:47 PM, Tom Livingston wrote:
This is what I thought. I do still see px a lot.
[...]

On Thursday, December 20, 2012, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

Le 21 déc. 2012 à 06:17, Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
a écrit :

Is sizing text in pixels **still** considered a no-no?

It is still not a good, user friendly idea. Control freak designers will
disagree…

[...]
Is this
becoming the norm because of zoom?

Completely unrelated.

I ask because of a recent run-in with a layout that would
make accommodating font-scaling difficult.

The layout needs changing. Remember there are more and more ‘Internet
Enabled ™’ of devices out there, beyond the desktop computer, from tiny
iPods and mobile phones to giant televisions screens.

Philippe

Quite apart from issues of user control, there are other things you may
like to consider. PPK goes into these in Tuesday's ALA article:

 <http://www.alistapart.com/articles/vexing-viewports/>

HTH.

--
Cordially,