On 12/23/12, Steve Caramia <st...@caramiadesign.com> wrote:
> OK, as I said, we're getting somewhere: it's recognizing some of the styles,
> but the big orange button is still invisible.
>
> So I'm ready to make the link text only, but that's not working either.
>
> http://www.caramiadesign.com/fredio_last/index.html
>

> <!--[if IE 8]>

> #topnav {margin : 17px 0 0 500px;}
>
> #topnav a:link{
>       font-size:20px;
>       padding: 11px 65px 15px 25px;
>       background : url('images/buttonoff.png') no-repeat;
>       width: 295px;
>       height:100%;
>       display:block
> }
> #topnav a:hover{
>       font-size:20px;
>   padding: 11px 65px 15px 25px;
>       background : url('/images/buttonon.png') no-repeat;
>       width: 295px;
>       height:100%;
>       display:block
> }

> <![endif]-->
>

> On Dec 23, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Barney Carroll wrote:
>
>> The CSS needs to be contained in a <style> element.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Barney Carroll
>>
>> barney.carr...@gmail.com
>> +44 7429 177278
>>
>> barneycarroll.com

You have some inconsistency in the background image. The first one
doesn't have a forward slash before images, the second one does. And
shouldn't it also have the 2 periods like this? background :
url('../images/buttonoff.png') no-repeat; Not sure on that since I
haven't done much web design for awhile so correct me if I'm wrong.

Rod Castello