Le 7 févr. 2013 à 20:01, Barney Carroll <barney.carr...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> However, the elements wrapping pairs of labels and inputs, which I've set
> to `display: table-row`, are not occupying the full width of their parent
> `display: table` fieldset. What am I doing wrong?

Not much; except one thing: you're applying 'display: table' to a fieldset.
That is a weird element. Nominally it is a block element but with special
behaviour (e.g. it auto-expands beyond the parent width if the content of said
fieldset are  wider).  It is probably closer to a replaced element, though. And
fieldset appears to generate an inner element (shadow DOM ?). In your case, the
display: table is actually applied to that inner element. Replace fieldset with
a div and you'll see that the width of your table-rows is actually the expected
width (sum of the intrinsic width of the label and the input fields); or look
at the more colourful demo linked below.

Note, that is pretty much undocumented – the HTML5.1 spec doesn't appear to
describe all this, I mostly cobbled that together based on explanations from
Bz, one of the lead Gecko engineers. And note that e.g. Opera has a different
behaviour than Gecko + WebKit - I haven't checked what IE does.

> Demo here:
> http://jsfiddle.net/barney/e3jCN/

More colourful demo:
http://dev.l-c-n.com/_temp/bc_table-form.html