On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Philip TAYLOR <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Based on your code :

> Want this right justified above Download button
> <input type="submit " class="submit " name="submit_preview "
> value="Generate"></input>
> <input type="submit " class="submit " name="submit_download "
> value="Download"></input>

Thanks for the reply. This moves everything to the right. I want the
buttons left justified, and the text right justified with the second
button. Adding 'float: left' got it to do what I want:

Want this right justified above Download button
<input type="submit " class="submit " name="submit_preview "
value="Generate Report "></input>
<input type="submit " class="submit " name="submit_download "
value="Download Table "></input>

However it had an odd, undesirable side effect. This was just a
snippet of the page. This is contained within another div with a
bottom border. Without the float: left the text and buttons display
above the border as I want it to be and would expect it to be. But
when I add the float: left the text displays on top of the border with
the buttons below it.

See: http://jsfiddle.net/w7BNW/4/

Remove the float: left to see what I mean. Why does the float: left
cause this? How can I prevent that from happening?