Nancy Johnson wrote:

> When I first went live with a website a few months ago, the following
> code validated and now it doesn't.   Why?
>
> <section role="main">
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nancy Johnson

Validation takes place in a context; with no knowledge
of the context in which you used this construct a few
months ago, and the context in which you are using it
today, it is impossible to answer your question.  But
you should be aware that if you are using the experimental
HTML 5 validator, there is no guarantee that anything
that it regards as valid today will still be valid tomorrow
(and vice versa), as unlike the stable HTML 4.01 validator
there is as yet no W3C Recommendation for HTML 5.

        http://www.w3.org/TR/#tr_HTML

Philip Taylor