On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:35 AM, "Tom Livingston" <tom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You won't get PhotoShop "multiply" layer effects exactly, but using a 24bit
> png for your image with areas of alpha transparency to allow the bg color to
> come through is as close as u can get I believe.

confirmed…here's what worked for me, aside from David and Karl's correction of
my code:

To make my png partially opaque in my image editor (Pixelmator)…I set it to 50%
just for grins and NOW the influence of that red is taking effect on the PNG
texture occupying the same element.

link:http://coffeeonmars.com/test/flextest/flextest.html

weird…my connection shows the red load first and then s-l-o-w-l-y replace by
the texture..

Thank you for the code corrections and ideas about png/opacity

Spoze the CSS consortium is considering giving us some photoshop-like layers?
Compared to the many other effects CSS is now handling, it doesn't seem
far-fetched..

John