Working on my first "responsive" website, I discovered something useful.
Dragging a browser window to different sizes has limitations, but I can see how
a page reacts to different widths by using browser "zoom" as well.

The good news is that both Firebug and Chrome tools reflect the "adjusted"
element sizes. By zooming out (smaller) I can emulate a 1920 pixel wide screen
on my 1280 pixel wide laptop. Conversely, while Chrome won't narrow below 400
"real" pixels, zooming in lets me go well below that.

It's likely many of you know this already. But I hope it is useful news to some
of you.
--
Cordially,
David