I played around with lots of variations on this theme, but none worked. I
THINK the issue was that the container (.mobile-services) expands to fill
its own parent (main-content), and the children (.mobile-services div) are
floated left within it (which I need so that they form two columns at
larger container-widths).

The fundamental obstacle - I think - is that, absent an explicit width, the
container does does not shrink to the children, but fills the parent. No?

Also, Chris, why should I not wrap a <div> in an <a> tag and what's the
alternative if I want the entire block to be clickable?

Thanks for your help, folks. The media query solution worked.

Chip

Caliber Communications LLC
chip.me...@calibercommunicationsllc.com
(t) 636-221-0926