Le 8 oct. 2013 à 23:15, Chris Rockwell <ch...@chrisrockwell.com> a écrit :

> I had to look into this more: it doesn't make sense to me that an element
> with `display:inline` declared would still honor an explicit width. I have
> tested this in all modern browsers, and the form elements seem to be immune
> to inline display when it comes to dimensions.

Form controls are replaced elements (like inline images, basically), and thus
sorta-kinda inline-block elements.
Can't come up with the exact reference, but is noted in the HTML5 spec.

PS - width does not apply to inline elements per the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-width
But you knew that already…

Le 8 oct. 2013 à 21:09, Alan Gresley <a...@css-class.com> a écrit :

> For the overflow hidden inline-block, add a negative bottom margin that
> equals the padding and vertical-align: bottom. This will make it close but it
> will be out if the border-bottom or padding-bottom are given in pixels.

Nice trick with the negative margin-bottom!
If it matters to Christian to have the blocks with the overflow:hidden
descendants the same height as those without, applying a little padding to the
parent (equal to the margin) will do that.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com