On 11/17/13, 9:52 PM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:

On Nov 17, 2013, at 11:32 PM, Barney Carroll wrote:

This sounds uncannily familiar to Georg's reported bug for Chrome v31 3
days ago on this list whereby stateful re-rendering didn't happen. His
example involved invisible checkboxes expanding content via the :checked
pseudo-class.

My take on this is that the Chrome team did some aggressive
over-optimisation on the rendering engine for v31 whereby state changes do
not perform a proper repaint, for the benefit of not having to recalculate
layout whenever a user mouseovers each individual element.

I've previously managed to deal with these increasingly common Chrome
rendering bugs by hacking in -webkit-transform: translateZ( 0 ); on the
troublesome element (which brings it into a separate rendering thread ...
[...]

Just currious, but wouldn't putting just...

zoom: 1;

on the element do the same thing as far as the repaint? Tha isn't a hack
last time I checked.

Thanks for the suggestions, Karl and Barney. Sadly, neither worked for me.

Curiously, the Web Inspector does not show the chained selectors at all - as if
they do not exist. Hmm.

So it does look like a problem unique to Chrome version 31. Glad to know it's
absent from other versions.
--
Cordially,
David