The original poster indicated he is generating his pages with PHP.  Others
since have shown how the home link could be hidden on the home page only
using CSS rather than PHP. But the same result *could* be accomplished with
server-side PHP logic. So perhaps the interesting question is "Which avenue
is better?  CSS or server side scripting?"

Is there something about the CSS only approach that adds measurable value?

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM, John Johnson <j...@coffeeonmars.com>
> wrote:
> > I apologize if this turns out to be more a PHP question, but is there a
> way to eclude a particular nav link on particular pages?
> >
> > the specific: prevent the Home page from having a text/nav element
> "Home" while the "Home" nav elements would be visible on all other pages.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > John
>

> Normally, I just class a main wrapper (consistent on all pages) or the
> body element and attack it that way...
>
> .homepage nav a.home{display:none; visibility: none;}
>

> --
>
> Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
> ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com

/*  Colin (Sandy) Pittendrigh  >--oO0> */