Greetings to all,

I know this is highly subjective question, but am curious as to what
people think about this issue. Allow me to put forth a few questions,
and you can pick all of any of them. When the WHATWG describes the I
element as "a span of text in an alternate voice or mood", and the B
element as "a span of text to which attention is being drawn for
utilitarian purposes", I'm puzzled... wouldn't this be the role of a
special class for the SPAN element? I'm actually glad I and B are
"survivors", but seeing that U and S have been deprecated, it doesn't
seem very consistent to keep these two one-letter elements around.
And, going back to my main question, do you believe these two elements
will be deprecated soon?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts you may have on the matter.

Best regards,

Ezequiel