On 3/6/14, 6:54 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

Le 7 mars 2014 à 11:23, John <j...@coffeeonmars.com> a écrit :

.is some kind of css required to show the png on those browsers that won't
handle the svg file? I guess something for IE?

But this reminds me - older Android (2.x and 3 iirc) also doesn't support SVG
at all, and tends to choke when parsing a CSS file that contains references
to SVG images. In this case, you're put of luck with CSS hackery. I use
Modernizr to detect SVG support, and then use the generated class to target
as needed.

> Example
> .nosvg E { background: url(image.png) no-repeat red; } /* <— IE < 9, old android */ > .svg E { background: url(image.svg) no-repeat red; } /* modern browsers, SVG file */

You may like to add .no-js as well - just in case. :)

.no-js E,
.no-svg E { background: url(image.png) no-repeat red; }

Also, check out this article:

 <http://css-tricks.com/svg-fallbacks/>

--
Cordially,