mar 26 2014 17:54 Philip Taylor <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk>:

> "Testing can reveal only the presence of bugs, not their absence"
>
> -- Edsger Dijskstra (11 May 1930 – 6 August 2002)

Edsger was an avid tester was he?

An automated test written to get rid of a specific bug, does indeed prove that
this specific bug with the known circumstances does not occur any longer.
Obviously it doesn’t prevent unknown bugs or unknown factors. What does?

I’m not only a mobile first guy I’m a test-first guy. Using test-first does not
imply over-interpretation on what they do. On the contrary, test first design
gives a sane outlook on your project.

I use Thucydides with jbehave for running specifications against HTML5 views
(as well as getting data from server-side). There’s no graphical analysis going
on of course, only content evaluations. I’m looking to start javascript testing
later. I’m sure css will follow at some point. At the moment it’s too much work
for little gain. Or?

Device detection is something I imagine I will make tests for sooner rather
than later.