Den 10.04.2014 02:33, skrev Crest Christopher:
I thought Opera went to webkit, or is Blink just another term for webkit ?

WebKit is a branch of the KDE open source project, and so is Blink. Google and Opera decided not all that long ago to split from WebKit, and called their engine-version Blink. Although right now we can hardly distinguish Blink from WebKit, over time differences will start to show up.

For instance a differnt way to test out new solutions, where WebKit based browsers probably will continue to use vendor-specific extensions that we web coders can choose to use. Blink based browsers OTOH have started to incorporate tests of new solutions in a way that lets the individual end-user decide if s/he want to try them out or not -- fewer and fewer vendor-specific extensions for us coders to use and worry about in Blink.

In addition to differences between WebKit and Blink showing up, I have also observed minor differences between Blink-implementations in Google Chrome and Opera. Whether or not that over time will lead to another engine-split, is too early to tell.

regards
        Georg