maj 10 2014 12:54 Philip Taylor <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk>:

> I respectfully disagree.  The problem is not what the developers
> /want/ us to do, but rather than there are far too many of us
> who are only too eager to accede to their wishes.  We are under no
> obligation whatsoever to do anything that a developer might want us
> to.  I have never used, and will never use, any vendor-specific
> prefixes.  I neither need nor want to live at the (b)le{a|e}ding
> edge:  I prefer to wait until a specification becomes a formal
> recommendation before adopting any part of it for production work.

Define formal.
Anyway, while what you expressed might be an admirable position, it does seem
to not be anchored in the reality where most developers live and operate. Of
course as more current browsers removes the need for vendor-specific prefixing
for important features, that particular aspect may be more irrelevant and
unneeded now than a couple of years back.