Hi all,

Take a look at my example: http://jsfiddle.net/nn2N7/

In summary I have 2 siblings, one with 100px height and another with 100%. I
was expecting the 100% div to only fill the available space after subtracting
the 100px. Instead it assumes 100% height of parent block level element which
means any sibling will cause problems.

>From what I read, this is the way it works, period. I can fix this using
>calc(100% - 100px) for my height.

My doubt is more about the reasoning behind this. I would really expect the
100% height to be calculated taking into account the sibling, otherwise height
100% simply doesn't work when there are more than 1 sibling. It just doesn't
make sense to me.

As a more experienced user in CSS I want to understand if this is just a
"weird" think on the specification or am I thinking it wrong?

Thanks in advance,
  -- A Santos