This doesn't appear to be related to CSS.  I would look first to the CMS
WYSIWYG as it appears to be stripping the href from the first <a> tag (from
what I see, this is consistent although your question states "some times").

If you're using a WYSIWYG, try writing some markup that should work and
paste it in to the "Disable Rich Text" view.  Next, enable rich text, save
it, go back and view the source - is anything different from what you
originally put it?

Again, I don't think this is CSS related so if you want to send me more
details off list I would be happy to try and help.

Chris Rockwell