> I only run stylesheets through the validator when: 1) I can not find one
> of my own "disable this declaration" markers, 2) I can not manage to debug
> a problem in browsers locally, and/or 3) I have to share my CSS code with a
> developer who is paranoid when it comes to validity -- something I am not.

Agreed. When familiarising myself with CSS & HTML, I found the validator
invaluable as an educational tool. But after a year or so, you will usually
be more confident of thoroughly-tested hacks than you are of the validator
approval. It would be trivial for me to add validation to my build step and
get automatic reports at no extra effort, but I still don't think it's
worth it.