> Le 1 juil. 2015 à 02:59, Mike Manley <oldta...@comcast.net> a écrit :
>
> All css validates except this part.
> "css error = Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :required"
> …
>
> In the css I have this
> input:required, textarea:required{add styles}
>
> From all the information I have been able to find (which is mostly a couple
> of years old) what I have in the css is the correct way of doing this.  So
> either my information is wrong or I have misunderstood it.

> Le 1 juil. 2015 à 03:00, Ryan Reese <sportsdude.re...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> The validator basically doesn't know that it's valid CSS. It's not updated.
> Ignore the error :).

The :required pseudo-class was once part of CSS3-UI, but has been moved to
CSS-Selectors 4 (somewhere during the 2014 timespan.

Older version of CSS3-UI:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-css3-ui-20120117/#pseudo-required-value
(Note the date at the top of the document)
Current Selectors 4 draft
https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors/#required-pseudo

As Ryan says, the validator needs some love.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/