On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Crest Christopher
<crestchristop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why doesn't MDN list
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a> the title
> attribute ?

I don't feel it has much purpose if the link text or nearby supporting
text explains the link well enough as well as the end result of
clicking the link. For example:

will make your life great.</p>

In the above example, I think it's clear what the link will do and
what it's for.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H33.html

Sadly, though, I've had to use the title attribute on links for the
sole purpose of causing the tool tip to show on links in IE because
the client liked them, which is NOT the purpose of the title
attribute. In fact, IIRC, the tool tip showing in IE is actually wrong
and shouldn't be happening anyway.

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com

#663399