This hiatus and its lack of observance has led me to wonder about the
utility of css-discuss, and whether it needs to continue.

First of all Eric, thank you for this list and all your css-expertise and time.

i don't do much w/ this list but i would be very sad to see it disappear, its the very first place i would turn to if help was needed.

i do still read messages and learn from others' issues, and i think that's one of the main benefits of a list like this. also, its very accessible in my email, every message goes right to the folder and then they're all threaded ....

i don't know how much time it takes for you Eric to be the "list mother". i subscribe also to WiseWomen (Dori Smith is the list mother there) and it feels that that list is pretty much operating automatically but it is set up more broadly, meaning we can talk about pretty much anything as long as its web related so there isn't much need to keep things "on point". (we have a separate "talk" list.)

anyhoo, hope you keep it going but if not, i'm sure everyone will understand and appreciate all your years of work here.

best
Donna

--
Donna Jones