Have you checked inspect element to see how the browser is handling it?
That is the first place I would check and test.

Also, are you sure you're clearing the cache on you browser before viewing
edits?
I have had this cause issues on edits before. The edits were there, but I saw a
cache file.
So I thought the edits didn't work.

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers