@Eric: That's exactly it. I was also able to turn up the similar part
of your Colors, Backgrounds, & Gradients book from 2015, (maybe it's a
pre-release section of your upcoming book?).

Do you remember if there's a formula for figuring out the color stops
to use in the gradients, or is sampling a photo of a curtain the best
way? I'd like to be able to change the color of the curtain easily in
a Sass mixin.

@Rainer: That last one is pretty great. I'm going to see if I can
combine the motion in it with the lack of extra HTML from Eric's
circadients. I'm not sure if it's possible, bit if it is, I'll figure
it out ;)

Thanks everyone!