-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christopher
Jowaisas
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [syscon-tx] ILL study released

fyi -

>               The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) is
proud to release the final report of the Interlibrary Loan Study conducted
by the Bibliographic Center for Research (BCR) over the last six months.
TSLAC commissioned the Interlibrary Loan Study as a follow-up to the Himmel
and Wilson Study on Public Library Development.  The Interlibrary Loan Study
presents six different models for improving ILL in Texas.

>               BCR conducted extensive research on ILL best practices,
completed an evaluation of the TexNet Center workflow, surveyed library
patrons and library staff, and analyzed Texas interlibrary loan statistics
to provide a solid framework for their conclusions and recommendations.  We
feel the study was very successful and provides us with a great deal of
useful information for moving forward.

>               We encourage discussion and invite feedback from the library
community and invite everyone to comment on the study.  The study is broken
up into three parts and the appendices.  We have provided a mechanism for
submitting comments electronically as well as read comments posted by
others.  The study can be found at
http://www.texshare.edu/apps/illstudy2008/index.php

>               We look forward to your help in planning for the future of
interlibrary loan in Texas.

>       If you have any questions about submitting your comments, please
contact Sue Bennett at [EMAIL PROTECTED]        or 512 463-5406.