From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 2/18/2008 5:00 PM
To: Gail Woodward
Cc: 'ctls-l'; 'Laurie Mahaffey'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ctls-l] Overdue charges

We recently lowered our maximum fine from $5.00 to $2.50 in order to eliminate
any barriers to patrons returning overdue items.   We noticed that many times
there were several items due back, and if the accrued fines became too much,
the patron just stopped using our library.  We have had very positive feedback
on this move, and no hard stats yet, but anecdotal evidence points to a
confirmation of our theory.

Gretchen Pruett
Assistant Director
Georgetown Public Library