Thanks to Cynthia Kidd of the East Travis Gateway Library for forwarding
this timely reminder. Additional information is at the Texas Secretary of
State's website,

www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/primary.shtml.

Subject: Fwd: Texas Primaries and Caucuses

 Good information to know.

.Texas holds both primaries and caucuses.  Only 75% of the primary vote goes
toward the delegate count.
The other 25% comes from the caucus numbers.  So, it is not enough for you
to vote in the March 4th primary, you MUST return to your voting precinct at
7:15 pm for your Precinct Convention.  It doesn't matter if there's only six
people there to represent the caucus.  Everyone present at 7:15 will be part
of the caucus. Show up and be counted!

So, please, please VOTE in the March 4th primary and RETURN to your
precinct at 7:00 pm to vote again in the caucus.  DO NOT allow anyone to
sign you up for the caucus before 7:00--not while the polls are still open
(that is not legal).  Also, if you cannot vote on March 4th, early voting
begins February 19 and continues through February 29th.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERY TEXAN YOU KNOW !

I voted early, and as I was signing in, the poll worker handed me a small
piece of paper with information about the caucuses of both parties.

Early voting is easy, convenient, and available in a number of locations all
across the state.

Laurie