-Caveat Lector-

        Robert Tatman wrote:

>Gerald Harp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Did anyone else watch 60 Minutes last night?
>  <snip>
>
>My wife was completely flabbergasted by Soros's contradictory statements. She
>kept muttering, "I don't understand it." All I can say is, if Soros was
>telling the truth about his motivations, he has serious psychological
>problems...and if he was lying, he is the biggest cynic to emerge on the world
>financial scene in the last 100 years. I feel more and more that Soros is
>deliberately manipulating the world economy for his own personal benefit. I
>doubt that he has a hidden political agenda, although others of the
>elite--such as Maurice Strong--clearly do. But all *that* means is that the
>only restraint on Soros is what little conscience he has left...
>
>Bob

        Don't count on his conscience -- didn't you catch the bit about him
        being "a moral man who sometimes acts amorally" ? Those who resort
        to Amorality are wilfully blinding themselves in order that they may
        commit acts they know or suspect to be IMmoral. The Nuremburg trials
        removed the little guy's recourse to amorality ("just following
        orders") without reducing the big guy's ("just doing business").
        Actually, Soros can't claim amorality since he has (correctly)
        pointed out that economics is a social science (rather than a hard
        science) and therefore not subject to immutable laws.

        As to his motive? I don't know; he seems to enjoy mooning everyone
        while they're craning their necks to catch a glimpse of the
        emperor's new clothes.

        Gerry