Memo: To Website Fans, Browsers, Ordinary Journalists
From: Jude Wanniski
Re: The Citizen Journalist

If you only heard the audience response when Matt Drudge spoke at the
National Press Club last June, you may have thought it was Saddam Hussein
or Pol Pot they were kind of applauding as they held their noses. There are
individual journalists who like the guy and some who admire him, but as an
institution, the national press corps absolutely hates Matt Drudge. Here is
a fellow who was never trained by a J-school, never worked for a newspaper
or electronic media, got his first bits of news out of trash baskets, and
now dominates journalism on the Internet with his awesome Drudge Report.
Fringe reporters are supposed to stay in the corner and emote via
low-circulation, no-advertising magazines printed on cheap paper. They are
not supposed to rival Playboy.com in the number of people who tune in each
day to get a look at what they are saying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know nothing more about the site.  Drudge-ery himself put the link on his
site and I linked therefrom ... so to whoever's interested ...

Am I seeing things or does Fox collect these 'interesting' types?  Drudge,
Dick Morris, and I might consider the rest to be a little "fringie" ...
A<>E<>R

The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.