-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard R. Davis III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, January 08, 1999 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Hillary's divorce plans

> -Caveat Lector-
>
>L. Shipton wrote:
>> People have been defining Capitalism.  What you should be defining is
>> opportunist.
>
>OK. Someone who see a need and the desire of some to pay to fulfill the
>need and then fills it and thus profits.

My defination of Capitalism is to take care of what you have, to try to show
people how they can do it to - by using what you have as a carrot and to
show that it is not just a toy BUT a tool.

>> Has anyone heard of the "Novel Rich", it means no
>> manners and people like that were ostracized by the Gentry.
>>
>Yes, those who inherited their wealth were certainly afraid of those who
>became wealthy through their own efforts. They ostracized them in the
>hopes that they would go away and not come after their fortunes next.
>They probably realized in their hearts that they did not and could not
>fulfill a need and resented those that did.
>
>best wishes, Howard Davis

The word or idea that I want is - those that made their money through blood
and automatically expected that since they had money that they would be
accepted.  There were some that were termed "Fallen on bad times" yet
because they believed in learning, education, and obligation they were still
accepted.  There were others, like Carpet Baggers and many in Cajon country
that thought that they could take because they had acquired money.  Those
are the "Novel Rich" that I believe the term was coined for.
Laura
AKA The Pied Piper