-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 1/7/99 1:36:35 PM Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> ----
>  Subject: The Truth About Remote Viewing and Much More
>  From: "Jerry Newport" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  Date: Thu, Jan 7, 1999 12:41 AM
>
>  The Truth About Remote Viewing and Much More
>
>  The CIA and the USA military have shown a great deal of interest in what is
>  being called “remote viewing”. What this is, is the ability to call up
>  images and sounds in ones own mind of far away places even though they are
>  not physically there to gain information about others that can be used to
>  the person’s advantage.

  Whenever I hear about remote viewing, my mind immediatly reverts to Courtney
Brown,
and Ed Dames.  Over the year we heard such pronouncements  (this is a very
short list of a long list of tales and remote viewing) from the supposed RV
community of:
  1) There is a martian hive colony living underground in New Mexico and in
1996 the martians were going to come out and invade earth.  Didn't happen.
  2) After amateur astronomer Chuck Sharmak unloaded his pictures of the
supposed companion object allegedly following Hale Bopp, within 3 days of the
announcement the remote viewers confirmed the claim.  No Companion object and
Sharmak apologized for
his mistake.
  3) The remote viewers told us that they had RV'ed how the earth, when it
transversed through the path of Hale Bopp was going to get some type of
pathagon which would destory all grass and other green plant life.  Never
Happened.
   4) We had remote viewers all extolling why the other remote viewers were
full of crap, but they weren't.  Partially true.  Both were full of crap.

Cheers,
Robert