-Caveat Lector-

Now that I have your attention, I shall add my two-cents' worth on the
matter of how the list should be run.

I have been on and off this list going on a couple years now. Kris owns the
list and it is HIS arena. If the players don't want to play in that arena
by HIS rules, then there are other lists. If any of you think it is easy
running a list I suggest you try it sometime. It will push every button you
have and some you never knew you had.

It is impossible to herd cats. And the type of people that attract to a
list like this are the independent types. But every now and then a fleabag
hound will come along and will need to be bounced from the list to keep
everyone from fighting like cats and dogs. If someone gets bounced from the
list and you don't like it, then you can always correspond with that person
privately whenever you so desire.

It won't work creating two lists. You will divide the energy and reduce the
synergy of the GROUP ENERGY that is created by the very act of having a
list of this genre, and that will reduce the effectiveness of the list.
(Unless you don't think the list affects anything.)

If the list owner makes rules, most people won't even read them. Many of
the ones that do read them will forget them in a short period of time.
Others will ignore them. You can remind them, threaten them, or be nice to
them, but in the long run the list owner ends up spending a greater and
greater portion of his/her time chastising someone. After a short while
this gets real frustrating. So the only way to get everyone's attention is
to occasionally publicly EXTINGUISH the offender from the list.

The most important thing any of us can do is make sure our post accurately
reflects what you are trying to project to the masses of the planet, before
we press that SEND button. How many posts have you seen where the gist of
the message is basically idle chit-chat? How many hours are spent a week
deleting these kinds of messages. If you want something to complain about
then complain to those people who post irrelevant posts.

This post will be forgotten by you in a few minutes anyway, so it really
doesn't matter.

ME