-Caveat Lector-

-----He said pulling your leg not lying...

> Her husband, also from the South, related similar experiences...

Have you stopped to look at the north...the KKK demonstrations there...Discrimination
is also up north...it is a human thing, not regional.
Did you know ..I have recently learned..that the Emancipation Proclamation did not free
any slaves up north ?

> ----Did you ever pay attention to where the draft riots existed...New York,
> Wisconsin, Illinois, ect.  Could some of these folk been leary about the blacks
> taking their jobs away from them when they got freed.  There are laws that were made
> forbidding the black person to come and settle in communities, as well as states..and
> the ones I am speaking of, the locations I am speaking of, is in the northern states.

> As have blacks of an older generation than their's...you see, I HAVE
> talked to more than one black person who grew up in the South...
>
> I suppose you would like us to believe that the KKK doesn't even
> exist....

It exists...in the north and the south...as does discrimination.

> >Have you bothered to check the Klan-watch reports of KKK activity... There are more
> KKK members in Ohio and Indiana than there are in the entire South, according to the
> avowed enemies of the KKK.  The northern and mid-western states have FAR
> >MORE KKK members than the Southern states.
>
> That's not the point...

It should be one of them......discrimination exists nationally, as does prejudice.  The
more the government tries to interfere the worst these feelings become.....oh I have
been where you are now....but I looked around a little more, asked a few more
questions, and thought.  Thought of how I hate people telling me how I should feel
about things
/people....thought of how if I was black I would get promoted because of the
"anit-discrimination laws on the books.  I have a brother..who applied for the airforce
academy, but was refused because he is white...he later went to another academy and
graduated with honors...in the top 2% of his class...don't talk to me about
discrimination.

> >> I'm sure blacks were given equal opportunity to plant & clear fields --> for
> someone else.  How many blacks OWNED this property they worked on...?

I was on that soap box once too...you have to listen...listen carefully to all
sources...it sounds like you already have your mind made up before you listen to anyone
else....we have been told things by our teachers, newspapers that must be
questioned,..and whatever you read...must be questioned and requestioned.