-Caveat Lector-

My Heart's in Dixie wrote:
>Dear Representative Hyde, I made my son, William, either write you a
>letter or an essay as a punishment for lying.
>Part of his defense for his lying was that the president lied. He's
>still having difficulty understanding why the
>president can lie and not be punished.

+++++++++

Response:

Dear Representative Hyde:
Is omitting to tell the truth the same as lying?  Have you told the whole
truth about your own background, and, no, I don't mean sexual exploits.  I
mean important things, like the following:

>>PEGASUS: DIRTY MONEY LAUNDERING
But Tatum's story takes us even further along the dark road of power, greed
and corruption. During l986, he had left Honduras and set up a
money-laundering business in Watertown, New York State, close to the home
base of the Army's 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum. The location was
chosen with care. With access to Fort Drum's telephone lines for secure
communications, he was assigned a Cherokee-140 fixed-wing aircraft,5 used to
ship personnel and supplies across the Canadian border under radar cover.
His tenure with these companies lasted from 1986 through to 1990. This was a
pure Pegasus operation.
It was at Watertown that Tatum was provided with a civilian cover in the
form of three construction companies: American National Home Builders,
American Constructors and American Homes.

Funding was provided by Henry Hyde, an Illinois Republican politician and
well known as the CIA's "black money" man. Hyde provided a US$250,000 line
of credit with Key Bank, Watertown. Although Tatum was listed as the
president in all three companies, in reality all were under the control of
Ben Whittaker, a lawyer from Rochester, New York. Whittaker, Tatum says, is
closely associated with Tony Wilson of the Wilson family who owned Xerox
Corporation. They are extremely wealthy and "friends of the Rothschilds and
Rockefellers". In addition, he was also closely associated with South
Eastern US Investment Group (SEUS) - an investment bank in Savannah,
Georgia - from 1985 through to 1989.

Another proprietary he was involved with was Irving Place Development, a
service organisation of Irving Bank and Trust Company. Cocaine proceeds were
laundered through these companies by an ingenious use of construction loans.
"Arkansas, Colorado and Ohio", Tatum simply explains that he doesn't know
why, adding that "It was being done before I got there. I assume banking
laws and whether or not Bush had people in his pocket in these areas." He
does explain that the primary figure involved in the laundry exercise in
Arkansas was "Jack Stephens". Jackson Stephens, owner of Worthen Bank &
Trust Company, is closely aligned with President Bill Clinton. Tatum states
that "...Clinton received the cash and divided it up between Stephens and
[Dan] Lasater to clean it up. Stephens' company [Worthen Bank] was used as
the guarantor, providing 'warehouse' lines of credit."
Developing this theme in more detail, Tatum explains that the Enterprise was
receiving drugs in exchange for the guns they supplied to the Contras. The
raw product in the form of coca leaves was supplied by the Colombians and
pressed into large cube-shaped bales and then shipped to Nicaragua and
Honduras.6 All the "product" was pre-sold and the delivery into the US
"guaranteed".
This eventually resulted in the sale proceeds being pre-paid to Panama,
under Noriega's control. Some of this money was washed through banks and
other companies operating in Panama and elsewhere. The rest was sent to
Arkansas, Ohio and Colorado. Thereafter, the dirty money was filtered via
construction loans with permanent "takeouts" "arranged by banks and
mortgage- lenders". These, in turn, were later sold to Fannie Mae's and
Freddie Mac's - negotiable US Federal Mortgage Securities that are traded
globally on a daily basis. Each laundry "cycle" lasted from six months to a
year. The result was dirty money transformed into good, clean, US currency.
This system wasn't arbitrary or accidental. One initial "test-bed" was a
small residential mortgage lender named Carl I. Brown (CIB) in Kansas.
Others were larger, and still others became national. All were ultimately
destined to be purchased by a bank (proprietary) from Japan within a
specific time-frame, 1996, as part of ongoing Pegasus plans. Eric Brown, the
son of the founder of CIB, was heavily involved in these activities. Three
additional companies were involved, to Tatum's knowledge: US Homes, Pulte
Homes and Richmond Homes. All became very successful, providing "the
American dream - as VP Bush put it in a meeting in 1987".

PEGASUS: ASSASSINATION & NEUTRALISATION
Tatum has gone into considerable additional detail regarding the role of
Pegasus as he knew it. He believes Pegasus was established during the
Eisenhower years as a secret group inside the CIA to spy on that agency on
behalf of the President. At some point - believed to be after the
assassination of President Kennedy - Pegasus went AWOL from direct US
Government control and came under the direction of an international Board of
Directors which Tatum alleges now includes George Bush and Henry Kissinger.
The directors of Pegasus meet once a year in secret conclave following G7
meetings. The group has "representation" from a number of intelligence
agencies throughout the world. Included are the US Drug Enforcement
Administration (DEA), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Bureau of
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) as well as agents from British, Israeli,
Turkish and Danish Intelligence plus "others who performed various functions
for Pegasus".7 The mission of Pegasus, Tatum explains, is "to 'align' world
leaders and financiers to our [US] policies and standards".
One of Tatum's Pegasus duties included flying "Archer Teams" (four-man hit
teams) in his helicopter to their insertion point.8 He states that Enrique
Bermudez was assassinated in 1991 by a Pegasus team, adding he "was shot in
the back of the head while walking down the street...from about 150 yards".
Bermudez, known as "Commander Three Eight Zero" was the senior Contra
leader. Tatum received two broken ribs when he came under small-arms fire
during the assassination.9
Following the Nicaraguan war, Bermudez sought a prominent position in the
new government. Spurned by President Chamorro, "Commander 380" tried to
pressure George Bush to intercede on his behalf, threatening to expose
Bush's role in the cocaine trafficking enterprise. According to Tatum, Bush
ordered his disposal.
Another Pegasus assassination was that of General Gustavo (Dr Gus) Alvarez
Martinez, the "cooperating" Armed Forces Commander-in-Chief, Honduras.
Alvarez was assassinated in 1989, following his demand for a bigger split of
the cocaine profits.
Tatum also describes his involvement in the assassination of Amiram Nir, the
former Israeli Mossad agent who went under the assumed name of Pat Weber.
Nir was scheduled to testify to the Senate subcommittee and it was feared he
would reveal the truth. He perished, following the shooting-down of his
aircraft with missiles from Tatum's helicopter.
Other "neutralisations" verge on the bizarre. An individual who must remain
nameless for a variety of reasons - but whose name is known to this writer -
underwent an experience that is both horrific and chilling. Readers are
warned that what follows is not at all pleasant. For the sake of ease, I
shall call this individual "Mr X" or, simply, "X".10
Mr X was a leader of one of the largest CIA-backed Contra groups. He
recently testified before the US Senate Intelligence Committee. Formerly, X
was a senior executive in a South American subsidiary of a leading US soft
drinks corporation. During his Senate testimony, he denied any knowledge of
CIA involvement in the narcotics trade, adding that condoning such activity
would have been foreign to his way of life. Not so, says Tatum. Mr X had
been recruited into the CIA by then-Director William Casey, with the
assistance of Oliver North.
In 1990, when Nicaraguan leader Daniel Ortega announced there would be "free
elections", X was ecstatic. He began jostling for position and asked
President Bush to ensure he be given a prominent position in the new
government - in return for his years of toil at the behest of the CIA and
the Enterprise. The pressure came in a form that Bush could not ignore.
Failure to help his friend would result in X's intimate knowledge of Bush's
involvement in the dope trade being made public. His threat left Bush with a
sour taste. A Pegasus team was assigned to "neutralise" him in early 1990.
Mr X, Tatum states, "fancied himself a lover of women. Tall, large-breasted
blondes were his favourite. It was determined that, if effectively
neutralised, [X] could be an asset. Therefore, it was decided that
intimidation would be used to control [X]."
They chose to use the drug Scopolamine, which also went by the nickname
"Burundanga" or "the Voodoo drug". The drug is extracted from the pods of a
flowering shrub that grows in remote regions of South America. In its
processed, powdered form, Scopolamine is "void of smell, void of taste".
When properly administered "it causes absolute obedience" without this being
"observable by others". Importantly, the target will not recall any of the
events that occurred during the period they were under the spell of thedrug.
In outlining these details, Tatum adds that it is important to administer
the drug in the correct dosage, for he has known targets to die from too
high a dose. Others have "remained under the influence of Burundanga for up
to three weeks". Precise dosage can be achieved by liquid ingestion, the
powder being readily soluble. Ingestion via cigarettes is also an optimum
method of ingestion. It is fast-acting and takes no more than 20 minutes
towork.
Tatum states that X was invited to spend a relaxing weekend at a luxury
hotel as a guest of his friend George Bush. His host for the weekend was a
trusted 18-year veteran field-intelligence officer. The evening started with
cocktails and was followed by a fine meal. "'Nothing but the best' were the
orders."
Following the meal, he was ushered into the suite of a "blonde bombshell"
supplied by the CIA. Mr X had already ingested a dose of Burundanga during
pre-dinner cocktails. X was gallant with the blonde as they both moved into
the bedroom where video cameras were already set up in one corner. In short
order, the blonde had X standing naked in front of her and began to indulge
his desires. All the while, the video cameras whirred. Slowly stripping off,
the "blonde" revealed his manhood in all its glory. Mr X was instructed to
reciprocate the favour and perform fellatio. He obliged, his intimate
activities recorded at 24 frames a second on videotape.
Tatum says the male prostitute was hired from a bar in New York and killed
that same evening.
Two weeks later, X - wholly unaware of the events of that evening - was
visited in Nicaragua. He was presented with a copy of the video footage,
along with instructions. Tatum says that X can never allow that video to be
seen: "Not only does it reveal his homosexuality, but it also reveals his
bestiality and satanic worship rituals." As frame after frame flicked by, X
reportedly wept, forced to watch himself kill his homosexual "lover" and
then engage in the most grisly cannabalistic ritual imaginable.
Neutralised, Mr X became a leading member of the Nicaraguan government a few
short weeks later.11

Extracted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 4, #3 (April-May 1997).
PO Box 30, Mapleton Qld 4560 Australia. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone: +61 (0)7 5442 9280; Fax: +61 (0)7 5442 9381
>From our web page at: http://www.peg.apc.org/~nexus/

©1997 by David G. Guyattc/- NEXUS UK Office55 Queens Road, East Grinstead,
W. Sussex, RH19 1BGUnited KingdomTelephone/Fax: +44 (0)1702 217523
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]