-Caveat Lector-

> 1       Making Sense of Scents
> <http://users.lanminds.com/~wilworks/ehnmsofs.htm>
>"The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 guarantees access to people
with disabilities to institutions, such as government agencies, libraries,
doctor's offices, retail stores, and many others. Environmental
Illness/Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is recognized as a disability by The
Social Security Administration and HUD. Fragrances are a "barrier to access"
to EI/MCS disabled, since breathing is affected. Breathing is a "major life
activity" as defined by the ADA. Fragrance bans meet the "reasonable
accommodation" clause of the ADA, since elimination and substitution are not
expensive."<
-----anyone that needs me to re-post the part of IDEA about air quality in
schools etc. Please ask.-------

> 2       ALA: "Stamp out strong odors or fumes. Perfume, room
> deodorizer,
> cleaning agents, paint and even talcum powder can trigger an allergic
> reaction. S" <http://www.lungusa.org/press/association/asnairt.html>
I use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to clean with.  It stinks but when it
drys I can tell if my house is clean or not, because I can smell anything
else.

> 3       AMA: "Other irritants (e.g., perfumes, cleaning agents,
> sprays)"
> <http://www.ama-assn.org/special/asthma/treatmnt/guide/guidelin/comp2/
> fi
> g2-4.htm>

Large listing of articles
http://www.ama-assn.org/special/asthma/treatmnt/guide/guidelin/comp2/inhalan
t.htm

Two articles of particular interest on this page
http://www.caw.ca/hse/newsletter/6.4.april.html
SMOKING, DIET AND CANCER
And Heart Disease
This article refers to the fact that even with smoking down, Cancer has not
decreased
significantly.

COSMETICS CAN CAUSE CANCER
Says Dr. Samuel Epstein
To any that have heard that shampoo can cause problems here is a small part
of the article.
"The U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP) recently found that repeated
skin application to mouse skin of diethanolamine (DEA), or its fatty acid
derivative cocamide-DEA, induced liver and kidney cancer. Besides this
"clear evidence of carcinogenicity," NTP also emphasized that DEA is readily
absorbed through the skin and accumulates in organs, such as the brain,
where it induces chronic toxic effects."

They are referring to the fact that these suds helps used to be made from
coconut.  Now they are based on substances that are detrimental to health
and that can be absorbed through the skin.  One thing that this article does
not hit on is that mercury used to be the only thing that could be used in
makeup intended for the eye area.  Mercury is absorbed through the skin too.

    The human body is redundant and can take a lot of abuse but the
accumulative effects of these items are catching up with us.  ADD / ADHD has
been shown in adults.  So, when you consider that children are still
developing and breath a lot faster than we do - what bothers us, can
defiantly effect them.

Laura
AKA The Pied Piper

http://members.xoom.com/ThePiedPiper/Intro2.htm
1. Take the 60-day No Aspartame Test and send us your case history.
Mission Possible International
5950-H State Bridge Rd. #215            Duluth, GA 30097 USA
2. Tell your doctor and all of your friends!
3. Return Asparcidal food to the store.
(anything with Monsanto's NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful/Benevia/NatraTaste)
VISIT http://www.dorway.com Get links to over 30 sites on aspartame
VISIT http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/ ..FAQs & Cases
VISIT http://www.notmilk.com Exposing Bovine Growth Hormone
           Disability and Death are not acceptable costs of business!