--------------------
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:41:56 -0600
From: DanMeador <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Cal Schindel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [fwo] GENL

Cal Schindel wrote:

> Woodsman, I don't know exactly where you are located but maybe in
> Wisconsin. Pay attention to what Jesse Ventura is doing and what the
> news media says about him. He knows about the comprehensive annual
> financial reports and where the trust funds the bureaucrats have been
> squirreling away  are located. You'll be able to tell when the pigs
> start squealing. The bureaucrats have a vested interest in seeing bond
> issues pass because they have been financing them thru their own trust
> funds. The bond issues are sold through a broker who gets a big (BIG)
> commission and then further discounted to the buyer. Just more of the
> hidden game.

MEADOR ADDITION

I would like to add to this from a few additional directions, the core concept
being, "Truth is consistent."

Jesse Ventura has obviously opened a ripe plumb -- he is demonstrating that
all
levels of government have stashed abundance, then hidden the assets through
manipulated financial reports. As more people around the country delve into
financial holdings of government entities, there will be greater incentive to
move to the next obvious question: "Why?"

There have been several initiatives on that side of things that haven't been
generally discussed. However, the obvious answer to "Why do public servants
hoard hidden public assets," is, "Public servants in some what have the
opportunity to profit from them."

A group centered in North Carolina has unearthed approximately 170 large
corporate entities that registered as "non-profit" corporations in 1969. The
serve as "controllers" in the Cooperative Federalism scheme; it appears that
they operate through alcohol control boards of the several States.

Another initiative in California seems to be exposing kickbacks to judges in
various ways. I don't know details of what is happening now, but research in
the 1995-96 period out of the Northeast documented an off-shore trust that
supposedly operates for the benefit of Federal judges. If the California
report
is correct, that particular nut may be cracked.

The third vehicle I am aware of is the limited partnership -- each of the
several States has limited partnership laws on the books. These entities,
including family limited partnerships, are treated in the tax code as trusts.
In fact, one of the nation's more successful associations involved in
structuring tax shelters uses family limited partnerships modeled on the Melon
family family limited partnership for the advantage of middle and upper-middle
income families. Where the limited partnership not attached to the family is
concerned, it appears that projects to be funded with public funds may be
employed to share the wealth.

A general partner will engage whatever enterprise is at issue, but limited
"silent" partners aren't necessarily disclosed in the limited partnership
arrangement.

Let's suppose we're going to build a public housing project. Maybe a developer
will establish a limited partnership to purchase the land. From the time of
the
initial purchase, which might be prior to a general announcement of what
location has been selected, the property may be sold several times, with each
sale increasing the price, until purchase is made for the purpose of
construction. Maybe the original sale was for a hundred thousand dollars, but
when the construction purchase is made, the cost might be $1.2 million. Those
on the development side and the "inside" public servants thereby secure a tidy
profit on the front side of the project, then, of course, the game can begin
anew when actual development commences.

Don't for a minute think hidden assets are hidden without reason. /s/ Dan
Meador.