-Caveat Lector-

----------
> From: Prudence L. Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [CTRL] Drum Beats in the Night
> Date: Saturday, January 30, 1999 11:41 AM
>
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 1/30/99 1:33:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> <<
>  Well, let's just throw our hands up and cry, "Uncle." :)  Just because
the
>  battle is a difficult one doesn't necessarily mean that it is an
impossible
>  task.  It's a defeatist argument and unworthy of your fiery nature! : >>
>
> We don't really need to cry "Uncle," we just need to get all hot and
bothered
> because the president might have indulged in a sex act (oh, I keep
forgetting,
> it's
> not about sex), and we can build a mighty smoke screen behind which the
> Congress can do unspeakable things to the environment and which will
please
> their corporate contributors no end.  Prudy

Okay Prudy, now you're sidetracking.  You can choose to get all hot and
bothered and fume or to do something constructive about it.  It's a choice
for all of us.

The question on the table is:  Despite overwhelming odds, do we as
individuals and as a people make the choice to be the watchdogs of our
government and keep it on The Constitutional Track that the framers
outlined?  Obviously, the details of how to do this will have an explosion
of varying opinions!

The bottom line is WE have a responsibility here beyond complaining -
though that is A LOT of fun!  I'm not talking about over throwing the
government.  I'm talking about exercising our individual and collective
voices.  *waving* the flag.

Hilary