<A HREF="http://rs9.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query">A President For Life

Received Data</A>
A bill has just been introduced in the House which will repeal the 22nd
amendment there by allowing the President to serve as many terms as he can get
elected. In other words, we may end up with a President/dictator for life.

I have no further information on this. If anyone else does, please email me. I
consider this an extremely troubling and dangerous development.

I believe we need to follow up on this as soon as possible. I have enclosed
the email address to the House Judiciary committe.

We need to find out what the status of this bill is. the bill is:  H.J. Res 17
Ru

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<A HREF="http://www.house.gov/judiciary/">Welcome to the Judiciary Committee
Home Page!</A>

The link at the top of the page will open up to the following:

GPO's PDF version of this billReferences to this bill in the
            Congressional RecordLink to the Bill Summary & Status file.Full
            Display - 1,508 bytes.[Help]

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the
twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the
number of terms an individual... (Introduced in the House)

HJ 17 IH
106th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. J. RES. 17
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the
twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the
number of terms an individual may serve as President.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
January 6, 1999
Mr. SERRANO (for himself and Mr. SHAYS) introduced the following joint
resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the
twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the
number of terms an individual may serve as President.
    Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States
of
    America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring
therein),
    That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution
    of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as
    part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-
fourths
    of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission
    for ratification:
`Article--
    `The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United
    States is hereby repealed.'.