> On Tuesday, DeLay's communications director, Michael Scanlon, issued a
>  statement saying: ``We were approached by news organizations 72 hours ago
> and
>  asked to respond to inquiries dating back over a decade. Our political
> enemies
>  have been digging into Mr. DeLay's past for years.''

    If alleged perjury is an impeachable offense for the President, it should
be considered equally important for a high ranking GOP'er.  The source for the
President's alleged perjury was an allegedly illegal tape recording done by
Linda Tripp.  She and Lucianne Goldberg are admitted political enemies of the
President.

   Is turn-about no longer fair play?  Character counts, doesn't it?  Is the
source the problem, or is the concern over alleged perjury in all cases
sincere?  If so, one must be equally outraged by alleged perjury no matter who
the accused -- unless, of course, the outrage is feigned, and the motives are
political and not moral....Naaaw.
Samantha