-Caveat Lector-

It is hard to follow your schizophrenic posts, with talk back and forth on the
issue, but I will respond thus.  Driving while intoxicated is a choice you
make, there are consequences for that choice, that you MAY hurt someone.  I
may go out and kill someone today just cause I feel like it, does that mean I
should be restrained in my house simply for that reason?  I am not defending
ones right to drive drunk, because I don't want to be killed by a drunk driver
any more than you do, but it is still a penalizing of POTENTIAL wrong which is
nowhere supported in our system of law.
Drugs have been assailed for years at a tremendous cost and what do we have
now, more people on drugs and a worse situation.  At the least stop the
insanity of a huge military expenditure (against the Posse Comitatus anyway)
to combat this and do something else.  The answer does not necessarily have to
be legalization, but what we have now is crap, period.
As for registering and living in areas free from "perverts" well, that is
something that others have tried to no good end.  Since under your scheme
whatever goes against my grain is "perverted" I should have the right to be
free from all of the nefarious influences.
I suspect you were being somewhat facetious?
Teo1000