Subject: Art Hits The Big Time On Tabloid Magazine.
From: "John F. Winston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 1999 6:51 PM

Subject: Art Hits The Big Time On Tabloid Magazine.    Feb. 12, 1999.

  I just saw something in a tabloid magazine called The National
Examiner" that was about Art Bell.  This is not the San Francisco
Examiner.  Some people pull their hair out when they have to listen
to something from a pulp magazine.  They say that all they ever
print in lies.  I say picky, picky.  Here we go with the information.
At least they spelled his name right, although they do have a tendency
to stretch things quite a bit.

                             SUPERNATURAL
                            ADVENTURES OF
                           RADIO'S ART BELL

  Parhump. Nev. -- Radio talk show host Art Bell holds 20 millilon
listeners spellbound with tales of the supernatural -- many of which
he's lived himself.

  Bell recently created his own mystery when he vanished from the
late-night airwaves, telling fans of his popular Dreamland and Coast
to Coast AM Shows "a threatening terrible event occurred to my family.

  "I'm going off the air and will not return."  Two unexplained weeks
later, the conspiracy king did return, to open his mike to discussions
on alien abduction, out-of-body trips, near-death experiences and more.

  Now Bell's joined forces with Brad Steiger -- leading authority and
author of numerous books on paranormal research, UFOs and true crime --
to pen The Source: Journey Through The Unexplained (Paper Chase Press).

  In this EXAMINER exclusive, we have excerpts from Bell and Steiger's
new best seller in which they reveal their own brushes with the bizarre.

  Bell, 53, recounts the first time he left his body:
  "It was the most incredible thing.  I accelerated right up to the
night sky, but without the physical sensation of moving.

  "There are no words to describe the elation.  You feel ecstasy beyond
ecstasy.

  "The experience just happened -- no paralysis, no strangeness.  It
was absolutely real and I want desperately   to do it again!"

  The paranormal guru (JW  I don't think Art would admit to being that.
He is just interested in the subject), says the only other experience
that came close happened in Egypt. Ever the explorer, Bell was visiting
The Great Pyramid of Giza with a tour group in search of the King's
Chamber.

  To access the Chamber, he crawled up through a small steep tunnel that
opened to a large chamber.  Then, after climbing even steeper steps, he
found the vast, ancient room.

  Wanting to connect with the ancient spirits, he stepped into the
sarcophagus.

  "As I lay down in the coffin, I experienced something I will never
forget.

  "It was as if somehow an ancient coffin made of cold stone had come
to life.

  "I felt what the Egyptians from almost 5,000 years ago must have
felt.  I smelled a musty odor and I thought of the hugeness of the
stone monument in which I was entombed.  The centuries of darkness
endured by that room were so hard to imagine.  "As I lay there, I
felt very small and very human."

  Steiger -- who has spent 40 years studying the metaphysical --
also visited the Chamber and says an eerie, high-pitched tone filled
the solemn place.

  "It was coming   from all around us  --  as though it could enable
those with awareness to connect with higher intelligences.

  "Sadly, the experience prove too much for one lady, who disappeared.
She was later found wandering the streets of Cairo, completely
disoriented."

  Back at home and on the air, Bell says he was astounded to learn that
nearly 80 percent of all Americans believe extraterrestrials have
visited our planet within the past 100 years.

  But he and wife Ramona are two of those believer.  Here's his
firsthand account of their own UFO sighting outside Las Vegas:
  "We were on our way home when Ramona suddenly saw something in the sky
and asked me to stop.

  "I couldn't believe what I saw.  There, hovering over the road
and coming up behind us, was a giant, triangular craft.  It was about
150 feet from one point of the triangle to another -- with one strobing
red light in front and two bright, white lights on each point.

  "This craft did not fly, it floated.  It was dead silent.  And it did
not appear to have an engine.  We gazed at it until it floated across
Pahrump Valley and disappeared in the night sky."

  Because the Bells did not meet or communicate with any aliens, he
calls the experience a Close Encounter of the Second Kind.  And it's
one reason he rarely discredits his callers.

  "Thousands of people seeing the same thing cannot all be wrong,"
he says.  I know that Ramona and I did not imagine our experience. It
was real.

Source Of Material: National Examiner, February 16, 1999. Page 15.

John Winston.   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----
Aloha, He'Ping,
Om, Shalom, Salaam.