-Caveat Lector-

"Howard R. Davis III" wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> nurev wrote:
> >
> >  -Caveat Lector-
> >
> > Friday 8pm ( E.T.) on the History Channel.
> >
> > " The Plot To Overthrow FDR "
> >
> > The true conspiracy by some of America's Corporate Elites
> > to overthrow FDR and install a much admired Fascist government
> > based on those of the European Fascists in Italy, Spain, and
> > Germany.
> >
> > They made just one teeny weeny mistake. They asked General
> > Smedley Darlington Butler, the most famous and revered military
> > man in America at the time to lead the vast number of Vets
> > and active duty soldiers that they hoped would take part in the
> > coup.
> >
> > He saved this country. Major General Smedley D. Butler was a
> > three time winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, and a
> > famous hero of the Spanish American War and W.W.I.
> >
> > How is it that hardly anyone has ever heard of him?
> >
> > Don't miss this opportunity! The few books about Smedley Butler
> > are out of print and very difficult to come by. This is one of
> > the MOST SUPPRESSED chapters in our history. It is one of the
> > foremost examples of  corporate treason in a long history of
> > corporate treason which goes on to this day.
> >

>    I have a book by Smedley Butler called "War is a Racket". It is a
> short book, but very well written. He pulls no punches. Basically he
> says that the wars that he had served in were scams to enrich the major
> industrial corporations. He sighted the profits of many companies and
> contrasted that to the pay of the average soldier who actually fought
> the wars. It is a very hard hitting little books. It may still be
> available. Perhaps from the John Birchers.
>    Butler was also a strong opponent along with Lindbergh with whom, I
> believe, he often spoke at rallies opposing the entry of America into
> WW2. That is probably why you don't hear a lot about him. Was this
> mentioned on the program you mention above?
>
> Howard Davis

It was briefly alluded to. I thought it was an excellent program. The
usual namby pamby disclaimer normally accompanying controversial
issues
on the History Channel was quite weak.

Butler was against US involvement in foreign wars. He was against war
profiteering by American capitalists. He was against wasting the lives
of America's young military men for the sake of Wall Street. His
isolationism WAS NOT the same as that of Lindbergh and other Fascists
and pro Nazis who wanted to insure Nazi ascendancy by keeping America
neutral.

They all wanted to keep America isolated but not for the same reasons.

He was the greatest.

Joshua2