-Caveat Lector-

Franklin Wayne Poley quoting out of context and cross posting
  others remarks in OTHER forums wrote:

       Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes,
       exhausts, and murders itself.

Franklin Wayne Poley resorting again to fallacy:

    Nay, you lying bung hole. That was YOUR quote. I retract
    my statement that you are an 8th. grade Republican...more
    like kindergarten.

MJ:
In your imaginary world it is apparently impossible for you
to discern what *I* stated ... and what John Adams was quoted
as saying ... I see you also cling to your strawman attempts
at ad hominem which have become ad nauseam.  I am beginning to
realize that you simply cannot defend your tripe on its merits.

Regard$,
--MJ

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes,
exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy
yet that did not commit suicide.
-- John Adams, Letter, 15 April 1814

To be a tourist is to escape accountability. Errors
and failings don't cling to you the way they do back
home. You're able to drift across continents and
languages, suspending the operation of sound thought.
Tourism is the march of stupidity. You're expected to
be stupid. The entire mechanism of the host country
is geared to travelers acting stupidly. You walk
around dazed, squinting into fold-out maps. You don't
know how to talk to people, how to get anywhere, what
the money means, what time it is, what to eat or how
to eat it. Being stupid is the pattern, the level and
the norm. You can exist on this level for weeks and
months without reprimand or dire consequence. Together
with thousands, you are granted immunities and broad
freedoms. You are an army of Fools, wearing bright
polyesters, riding camels, taking pictures of each
other, haggard, dysenteric, thirsty. There is nothing
to think about but the next shapeless event.
    --Don DeLillo (1982)