-Caveat Lector-

RE:  WorldNetDaily Presidential Poll and AOL BS. When I voted, a message told
me that I had already voted. Below is my message to WorldNetDaily:

Got message saying that I had already voted. I had not. If someone has used my
identity to cast a vote, I would appreciate knowing.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Below is WND's reply:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding
the survey currently being conducted by WorldNetDaily.

We have identified a 'vote blocking' problem which affects
AOL customers only; the situation is no doubt related
to AOL's proxy servers which cache our pages. In short,
the WorldNetDaily web server is contacted not by AOL
users directly, but by 'proxy servers';  When the same proxy
server attempts to register a vote repeatedly, our system
detects that the client (in this case a proxy server)
has already cast a vote, and thus further votes from
that client are not permitted.

While we are investigating the practicality of re-engineering or
re-configuring our on side of the system to overcome this problem,
I am not optimistic. We have a long history of problems related
to AOL's proxy caching system (any techies who want
details, E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

On my personal behalf, I'd like to add this: We value
and welcome all readers, but I must deal with the reality that
only 4 percent of our traffic comes from AOL, and yet the vast
majority of our 'trouble tickets' are related to the  .aol domain.
My most satisfying solution, for myself and our readers, is to
encourage AOL subscribers to try an alternative provider.
(Mindspring comes to mind, and I understand that they're offering
a 'free month trial and waived setup fee'.  You have nothing to lose,
and everything to gain. Visit their home page at
http://www.mindspring.com/ and follow the link entitled
"Make the switch to MindSpring and Escape AOL.")

Or pick any other provider for a trial. You won't believe the
difference when you join the hundreds of thousands of WorldNetDaily
readers who enjoy our up-to-the minute pages served fresh
every  day.

In the meantime, we've opened a trouble ticket for this
aol-polling problem. Thank you for your interest. And
thanks for reading WorldNetDaily.

--
Matt Daly
[EMAIL PROTECTED]