-Caveat Lector-

Hi Amelia ,

         Nice to meet you :-) . I have been on this list for
about a year now but I was predominately a " lurker "  until
recently so I am really a newbie here too as noone really knows
me . Sounds like you found yourself in the right place at the
right time in regards to homesteading and self sufficient living
. Good for you , I am myself doing the best I can with what I
have to work with . Started learning to garden last year and
hopefully will become adequately able should the need arrive .
Have stocked up on the necessaties though just in case as it is
rather limiting where I live , out in the desert , as nothing
grows here except sagebrush , you have to buy dirt .
         On the Kevorikian thing , I don't want to get to deep in
the fray as I do not believe in doctors of any kind for religious
and intellectual reasons and I don't want to argue about it .

Divine ~

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to
err. It passes my comprehension how human beings, be they ever so
experienced and able, can delight in depriving other human beings
of that precious right.

--  Gandhi

--- Amelia Kay Edgeman  wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Hi, I'm Amelia and I am new & supposed to introduce myself.
> I've been
> watching mostl for a few days.  Hope to have time to read
> archives but
> first must finish the excessive, oppressive paperwork to take
> to my
> accountant to file my illegal income taxes.  I am not very
> computer-literate but have great interest and hope to learn
> somethings
> and hopfully contribute a bit.  I am early middleaged, mother
> of two
> college-age skeptics.  I am homesteading and ove it.  I
> stumbled onto
> the  Y2K poblem, at least the magnitude of it a I was
> attempting/learning to become as totally self-reliant as
> possible.
> Seems I was guided in the right direction before I knew what I
> was
> doing--moved to mini-farm about 14 mos. ago.  Am preparing for
> Y2K only
> in ways I will use any way if left to my own wishes.
>
> To the subject at hand, let me say that I must agree that this
> is not
> the way to deal with this problem.  I stated earlier that
pain