-Caveat Lector-

This is a posting to the Transhuman mailing list on which many
computer scientists wish to become fully fledged immortal robots
and artificial life.
Transhumans aspire to be better than the 'old human' but sometimes
for the Great Architects of Social Engineering we know of as NWO ...
old habits may die hard .... ???????????????

At 10:30 PM 4/3/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Transhuman Mailing List

The World is Ordering itself into something 'New' ie. New World Order
as mentioned in UN, and by USA Presidents.
But as we watch the domestic, scientific and technological news, the drive
towards control: egs; - implants, Mondex, population zoning, the move away
from the core family of attention deficient children - fed outcome based
education, media and polling control [Tavistock Inst], making Alternative
Medicine and Foods untenable and/or illegal, over-riding peer review and
democratic wish, etc etc is absolutely prevalent.
Any promised participation in any perceived diversity may be coming with a
BIG price tag - namely liberty - we already have a model for this assertion
from a previous century. [19th Century]
Imbalanced control amounts to imbalanced liberties - so at present we have
No reason to assume that future politicians could ever make a better job.
Freedom to evolve and experiment - the liberty to evaluate, is a fundamental
assumption and desire of all who wish to be Transhuman.
So Transhumanism could soon be in trouble.
As I analyse social evolution, I perceive a drive towards the segregation and
partitioning of information and data - IMO - walled off by neologism, jargon
and spin, these dark satanic mills of information manufacture have few
transferrable skills for units who may wish to enjoy and explore more
diverse idioms.
Except by continual retraining at high personal cost - ie. the opportunity to
assimilate another list of jargon - the average millions of new humans
will be zoned in their infomill by an imposed poverty.
This poverty will take the form of; lack of a big picture for personal
exploration, no movement between infoclasses, inability to access quality
analysis and no information welfare state, national information health
service etc
Much as in the Industrial Revolution of 19th Century England, the Capitalists
divided labour in the factories to maintain control of the process.
Towards the 21st century, I see a similar drive towards the diminuition of
individual control over the information and analysis process by
'Information Capitalists'.
The obvious solution is 21st Century Information Unions and Guilds as per
the Unions of the 19th Century - to give the isolated factory units a voice.
As human dataminers become redundant by the onset of skilled Artificial Life
any increase in leisure time of redundant dataminers is going to need a
good first world cyber war to keep the redundant dataminers busy.
[A Further piece of CyberSocial Darwinism]
Some dataMiners were sent to the North West frontier to build a CyberEmpire,
but an encouragement of permissive file replication brought about Gremlins
in the mainframe - mainly 'Kobols' who refused to be year 2500 complaint
and would not allow all of new Humanity to upload because of a simple
software error in the old XML internet language of the 21st Century.
All Germinator agricultural robots simultaneously down tools and become
Terminators.
Dangerous hippy subversive cyber-demi-gods zapping about conservative
multinational mainframes using up valuable utilities needed to fight the
fascist droids ... will be EDITED.
At a time when Hawkings announces no Theory of Everything for another 20
years,
Scientific American feature the world shaking revelations of missing mass
in the Universe - an amazing recent discovery - which illustrates the
actual low standard of progress here - when Odlers Paradox circa 1936 was
known to have said and established the same thing.

If you don't want the job of TransMoses - how about head of the
dataMiners Union.... we can adapt those great songs of the 60's etc

Now I'm a Union Tman
amazed that's what I am
I say what I think
that the mainframe stinks,