> Yes, I agree the Police abuse is widespread and needs to get under some sort
>  of control...but not by some U.N. Amnesty International!  We are
supposedly
>  soverign  nation.  We should take care of our problems here at home, not
> have
>  to answer to this U.N. garbage!

    Amnesty International is not a part of the UN.  It is a private group
which studies and preprares reports on human rights violations all over the
world.  It's members -- average citizens -- are encouraged to write letters
of protest, etc., to countries other than their own.  For example, I would
write letters of protest to officials in S. Africa but not in the US.
Members from other countries write the protest letters to the US. It's a good
policy for the safety of the member.

    My only disappointment with Amensty International so far is their refusal
to invest their concern in survivors of cult abuse.  I don't see why.
Children and adults are tortured and evidence for this is ignored.  There is
evidence, in many cases, of official involvement in ritual abuse and mind
control cases.  I can't see how any human rights organization can justify
ignoring this glaring, albeit controversial, human rights issue.

Samm