Rare Book Room

Award Winners

Staff Picks

Powell's
Newsletter

Gift Certificates

Powell's
Merchandise

Who We Are Powell's Guarantee Contact Us Order by Phone Store Info
Powell's in the Press

Free Downloads
A bookbag
for your PC
A Sherlock plug-in
for your Mac

 More Search Options
Great Deals on Really Good Books
Richard Russo, Don Delillo, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and William Gibson.
Remarkable authors at unbeatable prices.

Our Weekly Top Twenty
What are people reading at Powell's? Visit our convenient Bestseller
room, where we restock the shelves each week with the most sought-after
titles, in our stores and online.

UtneReader
@powells
"Of all the great themes of literature and history, none is more
compelling than revenge," writes Harvard Law professor Janet Minow. Read
her article here. Plus, get the lowdown on this Y2K thing. It's all one
click away.

That free trip to Powell's
Thanks to everyone who entered last month's contest. Tens of thousands
of you wanted to visit us here in Portland, Oregon. Many even wrote to
us explaining why you should win. (You know who you are.) Well, we've
selected a winner. To find out who it is - and to let us know how you
feel about contests past, present, and future at Powells.com - visit our
Spoils page.

Step inside our Rare Book Room
Go ahead, make a book lover happy with a one-of-a-kind edition. (Even if
that book lover is you.)

Vote - or don't - and Win!
What was the best novel of the Nineties? Click to our contest page, and
you'll find a ballot. Whether you vote or not, we'll register you to win
a copy of the title we crown as "best" - plus a $100 credit to spend on
whatever you like.

What You Got On Special?
Rebecca Wells' first novel, Little Altars Everywhere, heads our current
stock of Endcap Features. You'll also find novels by E. Annie Proulx and
Jacquelyn Mitchard, and three long stories from Richard Ford. All of
them between 50-70% off!

Recommendation Center
What do we read? Depends on whom you ask. Step into our Recommendation
Center to see which of the million books at our disposal we recommend to
friends. You'll find great, affordable books that will satisfy readers
of all ages and interests.

Powell's Reading Group
When you read one great book, you can hardly wait to read another. But
how do you know what to read next? A week doesn't go by at Powell's that
we aren't exposed to the work of exciting new authors. There are so many
great books here for every taste - visit our reading group and find
them!

Science Sale
The days are getting longer. That means it must be time for another
blow-out sale from Springer-Verlag, the worldwide leader in scientific
literature. Click here to find nearly 300 Physics and Computer Science
titles - up to 75% off. Springer is here at Powells!

    Home  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Contact Us  ·  Shipping
Your Account  ·  Help
Copyright ® 1994-1999 Powells.com

-----
Aloha, He'Ping,