-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 4/9/99 3:18:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< My comment to this is that you are ignorant of the truth about God and His
 heart for the broken and wounded. I found this incredibly offensive and
 hurtful - degrading something which is extremely precious to me and a faith
 without which I would certainly not be alive. As a survivor of Mkultra MC and
 extensive abuse resulting in my having DID, my Christian faith is something
 that gives me strength and support as well as being light in those oh so very
 dark places of my life. I ask whether anyone would make such derogatory
 comments about the doctrine of Jews or of Muslims ?

 I consider myself to be tolerant and accepting of the humanity and brokenness
 of others and have many friends who are of other races and some who are
 homosexual. Each person's freedom to choose is important for me because of
 the negative  influences of my background. I would never thrust my faith at
 someone else, but present it as the truth I know. The dignity of humankind is
 also very important to me. I value discusssion and debate, but also hold that
 within debate, others with opposing opinions and points of view are still
 respected and heard. This is why I feel so upset about the comment I
 mentioned.

 yours sadly

 Pearl >>

Pearl I am hopeful that you will decide to stay here.  But if you must leave,
then do so.  My comments may mean nothing to you or anyone else here but I
offer them anyway.  This list is about conspiracy and as such religion is
something that must be discussed, and that includes Jewish and Muslim
religion as well, and any number of other ones.  The reason is that religion
is all about control.  Issues of faith and belief have no place here on this
list and if you have a belief that God is good and that Jesus is your savior
there is no one who should try to remove that from you.  But foundations and
methods are fair game and sometimes comments are made that can appear to be
disrespectful.  There is much about religion that is disrespectful of other
beliefs, especially Christianity since it advocates itself as the ONE and
ONLY pathway to salvation, therefore it holds that all other belief systems
are wrong.  Strong words that are disrespectful and mean to many I'm sure.
Respect should be maintained for persons, but the ideas are always fair game.
 The bottom line for all religious issues involved with belief is that IF it
is something that brings YOU peace, happiness, or serenity then it is VALID
for YOU.  Your beliefs are your right.
Some can handle this others can't, that is why there is the disclaimer on
every post.
Teo1000