-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 4/10/99 12:30:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<
    I was going to pass this one by, but then I would be part of the
 problem wouldn't I? To say that someone is responsible for an action
 which he neither advocates nor participates in, is rediculous. There are
 actions being taken all over the world. How can anyone take actions to
 stop all of them? This is obvious. But you protest: "I mean local
 actions"? Which of these? And if I don't watch the news am I not
 responsible for stopping the actions reported there? This gets
 rediculous very quickly. Then there is the question of the actions that
 redeem one. Does writing your Congressman fulfill your obligation or
 must one run for office, etc?

 Howard Davis

I was going to pass this by as well but since you commented on it I would
like to add that your thoughts follow mine on the issue.  Additionally are
you obligated to stop people from killing another when your life could be
lost in the exchange?  Where does one draw the line?  I don't advocate hate
as something that should be thought or embraced, neither do I think it is
healthy to be racist or anti-homosexual, BUT if you wish to think that way it
is your right and I will defend it.  I a not part of the problem by
supporting your right to do so, the people who try and tell you how to think
and behave are the ones who are part of the problem, taking away our
individuality and freedom.
Teo1000